2019 Dion’s Recipe Contest
Following a competitive and full-flavored taste-testing event rivaling the intensity of Shark Tank and Top Chef, the winning recipes of the 2019 Dion’s Recipe Contest have been announced.
The recipes, which include at least one Dion’s ingredient, were selected and scored based on taste, visual appeal, creativity, and crowd appeal.
On Thursday afternoon, nine finalists in the metro categories presented their prepared recipes to the star-studded panel of taste-testing judges, which included Dion’s CEO Mark Herman, 100.3 The Peak host Jackie James, New Mexico United Forward Devon Sandoval, and KOB Meteorologist Steve Stucker.
The winning recipes are:
General – Albuquerque & surrounding area
• Winner: Spicy Honey Drizzle Jalapeno Popper Pizza Rolls, Brian Castillo, Albuquerque, N.M.
• Finalist: Ranch Dressing & Lemonade Donuts, Sabrina Slauson, Albuquerque, N.M.
• Finalist: Steve Casey, New Mexico Green Chile Lasagna, Albuquerque, N.M.
• Finalist: Green Chile Pepperoni Mac & Cheese Bites, Keith Windham, Albuquerque, N.M.
General – Outside Albuquerque
• Winner: Horchata Bread Pudding with Horchata Brown Sugar Sauce, Rachel Clark, Centenniel, CO
• Finalist: Wild Mushroom, Watercress & Blue Cheese Tart, Lesli Carrera, Roswell, N.M.
• Finalist: Tropical Macadamia Crumble, Amanda Wingard, Las Cruces, N.M.
Youth – 18 & under
• Winner: Trinity Domonkos, Trinity’s Mini Apple Pies
• Winner: Bianca Quiñonez, Captivating Taco Calzone
• Winner: Peyton Williams, Oatmeal Cookie Granola Bites
Employee – Current Dion’s employee
• Winner: Lemonade Braid, Cheyenne Burton
• Finalist: Enchilada Pizza, Alyssa Sookov
• Finalist: Green Chile Ravioli with Creamy Poblano Sauce, Walker Monaghan
Winners in the non-employee categories took home “Dion’s for a Year” with each finalist earning a $50 gift card. Overall, the contest generated 90 entries.